The Advocacy Center of Louisiana is looking for a few good Board members!
Board Member Expectations
1. We expect Board Members to regularly attend meetings, which are held quarterly on a Saturday, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
2. We expect each Board member to serve on at least one board committee. The committees are: Executive, Policy and Planning, Personnel, Nominating/Membership, and Development/Public Relations. These committees meet as necessary.
3. We expect Board Members to take an interest in the work of the Advocacy Center of Louisiana. We provide an orientation for all new Board Members, and give updates on our work both at Board Meetings and through email and social media.
4. We ask that Board Members tell us about problems that people with disabilities and senior citizens are facing so that we can be aware of those problems and, hopefully, do something to help resolve them.
5. We expect every Board Member to make an annual financial contribution to the Advocacy Center of Louisiana according to his or her individual means. We also expect Board Members to assist the agency in its ongoing efforts to raise unrestricted funds by inviting people to our annual Friendraising Luncheon.