The Protection & Advocacy for Individuals with Mental Illness (PAIMI) Advisory Council supports the Advocacy Center of Louisiana by working with its staff and Board of Directors to develop priorities for the agency’s PAIMI program. Advisory members oversee the general effectiveness of the program and work with staff to bring about any needed changes.
PAIMI Council Member Expectations
1. We expect Council Members to regularly attend meetings, which are held quarterly on Saturdays in various locations across the state, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
2. We expect Council Members to take an interest in the work of the Advocacy Center of Louisiana. We provide an orientation for all new Council Members, and give updates on our work both at Council Meetings and through email and social media.
3. We ask that Council Members tell us about problems that people with mental illness are facing so that we can be aware of those problems and, hopefully, do something to help resolve them.
4. We expect Council Members to actively participate in the development of priorities for the Advocacy Center’s PAIMI program each year, and the completion of the annual report.
5. We expect Council Members to complete an annual assessment of the Advocacy Center's PAIMI program.